Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

To get away from the foxes chasing it?

It's a strange urban jungle out there, but sometimes karma treats the bike commuter pretty well.

Over the last few weeks I've been trying to ride in to work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, taking the train in on Wednesday. Yesterday I was running a little behind, so I took the train. As luck would have it, the train was delayed and I would have gotten to work at the same time had I ridden in. Bad karma, eh?

Maybe not. Because I took the train yesterday, I rode in today. In addition to hitting nearly all of the lights correctly I got something much cooler. Understand that most of my ride is through industrial areas. Most of the wild things I see on the way to work are new and exciting trucks and tractors. But not this morning.

On my way north on Tunnel Road, past the old San Francisco landfill, two foxes casually skipped across the road in front of me. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment