Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mornin', Sea Dog

When I lived in the City, I rode down Terry Francois every day on my way to work. I got to know my friend the Sea Dog. Well, that's a little silly, it's just a sheet metal cutout in the shape of a dog. It used to have an orange anchor painted on it, too, but that's gone now. Anyway, the Sea Dog stands on the falling down wooden piers just north of the dry docks at 18th. It signified reaching the Bay as I came over from Bernal Heights. When I ride in (as I have every day this week), I take the same route through the City, so I still see the Sea Dog a few times a week.
This morning I took a picture on my way past (you can just make him out to the left of the ledge in the middle):

While I was at it, I took a another on Terry Francois. TF and the Embarcadero are the prettiest parts of the ride. This overlooks the Marina past the ball park as TF turns back towards 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment