Monday, August 17, 2009

A Note to Drivers: USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL!

I'm lucky, most of my route to and from work either has light traffic or wide bike lanes. I feel like where I ride cars and cyclists are able to effectively share the road. Now, I know drivers will sometimes do unexpected things. Hey, so will I, so I'm ok with that. Not that I always appreciate it, but I'm ok with it. That said, the ONE thing that would really, really help: using your right turn signal.

If you're turning right, parking on the side of the street, please, please, please use your right turn signal. Oh, and if you're not turning right, please don't use your right turn signal.

If you use it, I promise to give you the room you need. Most other cyclists will do the same (most . . .).

If you don't? Well, I'll probably just curse and give you a nasty look. But I nearly saw a fight break out the other day involving another wronged cyclist. Just use your turn signal. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment